Monday, May 28, 2012

Producer Young Chop has beef with Pusha T


Up-and-coming producer, Young Chop has a bone to pick with everybody's favorite "pusha". 

This beef started after Chop made a beat for rapper Chief Keef which became a track called 'I Don't Like':

 

Kanye's G.O.O.D. Music took notice and reached out to Chop to make a remix of it, featuring many of the labels stars, including Pusha T and Big Sean. Apparently Kanye forgot to clear it with Young Chop that he would be making changes to the beat for the remix:



Chop made a call to DJ MoonDawg of Chicago's 107.5, one where he voiced disapproval at how Kanye and affiliates had completely changed his beat, even threatening legal repercussions for it:


Well, all that sorta died down after he and Kanye sat down and hashed out their differences.

However, on Pusha's recent 'Exodus 23:1', yes the same track that set Twitter on fire a couple days ago, he dropped the following verse:
You can keep yo beats, n---.
We'd much rather share yo b---, n---, b--- n---.
Which Chop took as a direct shot at him, leading to his taking to Twitter to air out Pusha:

(Tweets corrected, read from top down)

In an interview with HipHopDX, Chop further elaborated on his feelings towards Pusha, and the diss.

Select quotes:
HipHopDX: What was your initial reaction to hearing Pusha T’s bars?
Young Chop: I felt like he disrespected me. I didn’t like it.

DX: Have you spoken with anyone over at the G.O.O.D. camp yet? Do you have any intention to reach out to them? 
Young Chop: Nah. Nope. They gotta reach out to me. I’m tired of reachin’ out... They supposed to come to me if they want to do anything to the track, to the song. To me, my opinion, [Kanye] supposed to come to me...Totally disrespectful. He wouldn’t have let someone do that to him. Why would I let him do that to me?
DX: So you went to the media because you felt that that was your only option to be heard? 
Young: ...They acted like they didn’t want to listen to it, listen to what I had to say. “It’s only a remix.” Okay, I feel it’s only a remix, but you supposed to check in with me. You’re supposed to ask if you want to add something, take off something. That’s just total disrespect. If it was on the other side, then I would’ve called and been like, “Hey, Kanye, can I change something about this beat and put this in there?”
Tell 'em why you mad, son.

Props to HipHopDX.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment