Sunday, May 27, 2012

What's up with Young Jeezy and Rick Ross?


Maybach Music Boss, Rick Ross and C.T.E. head honcho, Young Jeezy haven't exactly been on the best of terms lately. The beginnings of this beef started back in 2010 when Rick Ross put out 'B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast)' for his 'Teflon Don' album. 

Ross's boasts of, "I think i'm Big Meech, Larry Hoover, whippin' work, hallelujah..." must've disturbed Jeezy, who knows the "Black Mafia Family" the song is based on personally. Allegedly he took exception to Ross's name-dropping so he released his own version of the song called 'Death Before Dishonor', where he seemed to take a few shots at the MMG "bawse":


How you blowin' money fast you don't know the crew.
Oh you part of the fam? Sh--, I never knew.
Y'all was supposed to make it hard, this is easy ho.
Pull up in that triple white, I think i'm Jeezy ho.
A short while later Ross dropped "The Summer's Mine", a fiery track where he aims some scorching bars at, well, somebody:


Select quotes:
You niggas pathetic, leave you paraplegic.
You throwin' up sets but you really from Cleveland.
According to Wikipedia, Jeezy is originally from Columbia, South Carolina so Ross could very well be talking to somebody else here. However, it should be noted that there is a Cleveland, South Carolina.
See I broke it down, like a quarter key.
Bitch I run the South, i'm what you wanna be.
This how you wanna live. This what you wanna drive.
Be honest with yourself i'm who you idolize.
And then there's:
This motherf---er's mad that i'm icy.
Talkin' to a p---y nigga, yeah I might be.
Ok, now far be it from us here at the Beef Blog to try to instigate more beef-- we just report the beef, we don't make it-- but it almost seems like this particular line could be aimed at Gucci Mane. 

Sometimes rappers will borrow the cadence from another artist's song and use that to subliminally throw shots. That in mind, consider Gucci's song, "Pillz" and its strikingly similar hook:
Is you rollin'? Is you rollin'?
Bitch I might be.
Also note how Gucci is known for frequently referencing how "icy" he is. 

Again, we here at the Beef Blog have no other substantiating evidence for this claim and are quite sure that's not what Ross intended at all, but just felt it was something we should at least comment on.

Jeezy and Ross's beef took on another dimension after this video from WorldStarHipHop.com, one where Jeezy, after a show in Ross's hometown of Miami, was filmed walking down the street with his entourage, a pistol in his waist: 


Ross went on the Tim Westwood show and had this to say about the footage:


During an interview with Sway on RapFix Jeezy seemed to want to step away from the beef, saying things between him and Ross started from a misunderstanding:

With rap man it's a funny thing... you can say things and people can take 'em the way they wanna take 'em. But in my mind and my heart like, I just killed the verse. So if I killed the verse and you took it personal that's on you. I just went in.
Flash forward to the present and apparently things between the two are still as "icy" as ever. The latest shot to be thrown in this beef comes from Rick Ross's "Rich Forever" mixtape and the title track:

 
Your sh-- pushed back cuz it ain’t buzzin’,
now these thugs actors all of a sudden.
Niggas hustle backwards all of a sudden.
Can’t talk snow, where the soft at?
Your man got murked but you squashed that.
Hope you knowin' what we call that.
I think you know just what we call that.
During Jeezy's former beef with Gucci Mane one of Jeezy's homeboys ended up losing his life, so this could be Ross throwing shots about it. Looks like as of 2012 this beef is still alive and well.

Beef rating: 
3 out of 5
That stubborn meatloaf-- This one's been cooking for a long time, so long you almost forget it was even in there, but somehow it's still not done.

Props to MTV.com.

3 comments:

  1. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.kuta the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.kuta write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.kuta instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drkutaherbalcenter@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2347054547814. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer ETC

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY HIV HEALING TESTIMONY

    My mouth is short of words, i am so happy because Dr voodoo has healed me
    from HIV which i have been suffering from the past 5years now, i have
    spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, i have
    tried all means in life to always i can become HIV negative one day, but
    there was no answer until i found Dr voodoo the parish of African who
    provide me some healing herbs that i uses , now i am glad telling everyone
    that i am now HIV Negative, i am very happy, thank you Dr voodoo for
    helping my life comes back newly without any form of crisis, may the good
    lord that i serve blessed you Dr voodoo and equip you to the higher grade
    for healing my life. i am so amazed. so i will announced to everyone in
    this whole world that is HIV positive to please follow my advice and get
    healed on time, because we all knows that HIV disease is a deadly
    type,contact Dr voodoo for your HIV healing herbs today at:
    voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com He will be always happy to assist you
    online and ensure you get healed on time, contact Dr voodoo today for
    your healing hearbs immediately, you can also
    add him on whatsApp +2348140120719 thank you sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. powerful herbal healer called Dr. voodoo who use his natural herbs to cure
      my HIV disease I suffered from 5years, but now I am a happy woman and i am
      free from this disease that has been problem to my living, after using Dr.
      voodoo herbal medicine within 1week i was diagnose negative, I will
      recommend Dr. voodoo to everyone reading this article because this herbal
      healer is capable to heal anything below.

      1. Diabetes
      2. HERPES 1/2
      3. CANCER
      4. Lymphoma disease
      5. Conceived a child
      6. Fibroid

      Email Dr voodoo at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com add Dr. voodoo on
      whatsApp: +2348140120719

      Delete