Friday, September 4, 2015

What's good with Ghostface Killah and Action Bronson

 

Not a whole lot, apparently. After an appearance on ESPN's SportsNation where Bronson appeared to throw what looked like some shots at the Wu-Tang MC, things quickly elevated to full on beef:




This beef all started when Action Bronson went on ESPN's SportsNation to chop it up with hosts, Michelle Beadle, Max Kellerman and Marcellus Wiley. Eventually talk got around to Bronson's rap style and its oft-cited similarities to that of Wu-Tang MC, Ghostface Killah. 

Bronson has in the past downplayed the connection, sayings its an honor to be compared with one of the greats. Apparently this time the kid was feelin' himself and decided to go in, implying the Legend has fallen off and that Ghost can't compete with Bronson in 2015.
WILEY: Has it helped you, or hurt your career when people say you sound like Ghostface? 
BRONSON: I think it's indifferent actually, at this point. Y'know like, people compare Coke and Pepsi. People compare everything. No matter what, you're going to get a comparison to something. I'm just glad that its one of the greats.  
KELLERMAN: Ghostface is my favorite. The first time I heard you I was like, 'Yo, Ghost got some new stuff. Then I found out it was Action Bronson but i'll tell you the truth I bought the record right then.  
BRONSON: He's not rappin' like this no more.   
WILEY: Whoa, whoa, whoa, is that a shot at the Ghost?  
BRONSON: No. Just bein' honest.
Quick armchair psychology lesson for y'all. Everybody likes getting credit for their work. So when you place a mental suggestion in someone's mind that someone else deserves credit for it it instantly triggers the ego, the defensive portion of the brain. 

We here at The BEEF Blog ain't implyin' anything, like maybe certain people knew just the right thing to say to someone to start some sh-- just sayin' peep game. Just because you're the one cooking the beef don't mean you're the one killed the cow, ya dig?
WILEY: Move on, girl. We got what we needed.
Just sayin'. 

Anyyyyyway, after this it wasn't long before Ghost caught wind of Bronson's words and he reached out to Action by phone to clear things up. Bronson allegedly offered to apologize on Twitter and squash things. He then posted a series of tweets hoping to clear up the misunderstanding:




(WILEYMove on, girl. We got what we needed.)

And things went back to being fine and wonderful in hip hop land. Until apparently Bronson had another change of heart and deleted the tweets. Which begs the question, if a rapper talking reckless on ESPN apologizes in the woods and no one is around to hear it before he deletes the tweets, did he ever really apologize?

Not according to Mr. Killah. And that's when Ghostface descended from Mt. Olympus raining down thunderbolts, godfury and Zeus slaps. Or in other words, he put out a scathing YouTube vid eviscerating Bronson:




You got this little fake a-- n---a Action Bronson runnin' around, soundin' like me, but I wanna tell this l'il fat f--- something. I gave you a grace period n---a. I was supposed to destroyed you a long time ago. You go on SportsNation kickin' that sh--, actin' like you the n---a... 
First of all you l'il fat f--- who gives you right to even mention my name out your motherf---in' mouth. Boy you done made a mistake boy, you done f---ed up, man. Because listen man, you can never f--- with my pen, my n---a. My sword, my blade whatever you wanna call it. I'm too nasty for you. This is why the f--- you look up to me and sound like me. When I told y'all n---as back on the 'Cuban Linx' sh-- I don't want nobody soundin' like me on no album.
For those who are unfamiliar, Ghost is referencing the 1995 classic, 'Only Built 4 Cuban Linx' by Raekwon which co-starred Ghost. On a skit from the album called 'Shark N---as' Ghost and Rae took time to skewer MC's who bit other rappers' styles.



Fun bit of trivia: Ghost was referencing the Notorious B.I.G., whom Ghost felt bit Nas' "child" themed album cover concept from 'Illmatic' for his 'Ready to Die':

 

Beef rating:
4 out of 5







Prime rib
"Move on, girl. We got what we needed."

Props to VLADTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment