Friday, September 18, 2015

Is T.I. on bad terms with Iggy Azalea

courtesy Iggy Azalea's Instagram page.

Grand Hustle Commander-in-Chief, T.I. recently did interviews for HOT 97's 'Ebro in the Morning' and Power 105's 'Breakfast Club.'  During both interviews he hinted that he and Grand Hustle artist, Iggy Azalea might not be on the best of terms:


At 2:13 Ebro asked T.I. about Azalea, to which he responded: 
Tip"[Our involvement] took a bit of a rest stop."
Ebro: Have you guys talked?
Tip: Personally, no. 
EbroShe took some missteps that you tried to coach her on, that she didn't listen to.  
TipI did... Yes. 
EbroYou covered for her many times on this show. 
TipThe thing is, in her defense she had a lot thrown at her at one time. Any human being anywhere gonna have a hard time adjusting.
Then, around 5:34 he clarifies where he thinks the rift between the two formed: 
Laura Stylez: Was there a specific conversation that you had with her that made you be like, you know what i'm just gonna walk away and just leave the whole thing alone?
Tip: After the Q-Tip thing... After I kinda had smoothed it over... everything was cool, then they kinda came back and undid what I had just [smoothed over].
Q-Tip and Iggy exchanged words on Twitter last year about black music and what Q felt was its appropriation by white artists. (Hit up Complex magazine for a full rundown of the incident and also Iggy's followup response.)


Then on the Breakfast Club, T.I. had a little more to say. Around 6:00 he speaks on the situation with his artists, Travis $cott and Iggy Azalea:
I met Iggy and Travis at the same exact time. Y'know of course, she popped off first. At one time it was like damn, I met both of 'em at the same time and she's doin' this and Travis ain't even put a record out. And then you know, all of a sudden Travis just start goin' off, [Iggy] just start slowin' up. I was like, “Damn, sh-- is turnin' around."

courtesy Iggy Azalea's Instagram page.
Iggy posted the following tweets addressing the interview:





As a bonus, T.I. also offered his feelings on the Drake/Meek Mill beef. At 23:13 he had this to say:
T.I.: [Meek Mill] is my homie, bro. I know what he built of. I know the cloth he's cut from. I just think he's in a very overwhelming position right now. I think every man... he's going through a process right now that every man has gone through. It's just that he's going through it in front of the eyes of the world. With one of the most sought after and most popular, most famous people on earth. 
CHARLAMAGNE: Did that guy really get peed on by one of your partners, Drake? Meek said to ask T.I. in the record, he said, "Ask Tip."
T.I. (Changing subject, turns to Angela Yee): So yeah, where you get that sweater from? It's alright.
Charlamagne is of course referring to Meek diss, "Wanna Know", where he accused Drake of getting peed on by one of Tip's homeys:


More beef to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment