Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Timbaland and Missy Elliott speak on the Drake/Aaliyah controversy


Super-producer Timbo and Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott recently sat down with Angie Martinez over at HOT 97 to straighten out some of the confusion over Drake producing Aaliyah's next album, and their possible involvement with the project, if any. 

As it turns out, they haven't even spoken to the Canadian rapper and it's all news to them:



Jump to about 2:10:

Timbaland:
I don't know nothin' [about the project.]... [Drake's producer] Forty called me and was like, 'Man... this was not supposed to be [like this.] ... It wasn't even about an album, what he was explaining to me... I saw the DMX [video], I big up people for just caring about me and Missy about that, but we really removed ourselves from that... I don't even know if it's an album. I don't know if that's even in the works... I haven't spoke to Drake yet.
Missy:
My response would be different because I have to respect her family... until they come and say we're ready to do an Aaliyah album then I don't really wanna, y'know, step over and try and get into that, because it's very sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment